Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Well, what to write about.  Besides my week from hell, hum.  I'll start with that.  My luck was shining through, starting last Friday.  Got off work a couple hours early and thought I was going to have a nice long relaxing weekend.  Huh.  The car overheated and broke down, luckily it was just a hose, then my laptop decided it didn't like me and died as I was finishing up my homework and getting ready to submit it.  Found out it is just dead.  Waiting to get my files off of it, if I can.  I did manage to get a new one, but gosh, what a decision to make.  There are so many systems out there anymore to choose from.  Try reading reviews and researching and it's not any less confusing.  My daughter tried to take me to the dark side and tried to convince me to by a MAC, but I was able to resist...this time.  Bahahaaha.  Ended up getting an HP Envy, which I'm a little concerned because it reported that I already a ton of things that needed to be cleaned off when I installed the virus protection, which was a whole other decision.
I have some type of protection offered through my local cable company, but you know the salesman, it's on sale, here, you gotta get it.  Last time I bought virus protection for my computer I bought Kaspersky and loved it.  This time they talked me into trying Webroot.  We'll see how I like that one, I guess.
The other big thing this week is all the hacking being done and all the celebrity photos being leaked that are stored on the cloud.  I find this interesting because I wondered how long it would take for someone to hack into a cloud provider.  The cloud was being presented as being more secure and reliable and it hasn't taken hackers long at all to figure out how to get in.  So, do the pics belong to the celebrities who are in the pics or into the cloud service and who is going to attempt to pursue these hackers?  I guess first of all, you should really think about what you store in the cloud until it is proven to be a little more secure, and second, you would think they would have learned by now, there is no way in this day and age that you can say or do anything or take a pic that you don't want released for public consumption.  It is just far too easy for people to get their hands on things whether you think they are secure or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment