Sunday, September 7, 2014

Credible Sources

This week we are told that one of the first steps in our threat modeling process should be to identify credible sources of information for threats, vulnerabilities, updates, and security news in general. In our blog post this week, we are told to include a list of sources we consider to be credible and why we consider them to be credible.

1.  One of my favorite sites, and one I subscribe to and get regular updates from, is techtarget.com, also has SearchSecurity.  I have utilized techtarget.com over and over for various information.  They also have SearchSecurity which contains information on a multitude of topics regarding IT security, Access Management, Governance and more.  I have always found techtarget and SearchSecurity to be reliable and current on all their information and consider them a very credible source.

2.  Another newsletter that I get that I consider a credible source is IT News Daily.  They discuss everything; issues with Android, MAC; they also discuss patches and other news in the IT world.  I have found them to be up to date and credible.  They are a good source of both news of what is going on in the IT world as well as information on current issues out there.

3.  I also find CNet a reliable source.  They are another source that is a wealth of information, including information security issues.  They have always proved to be dependable and timely.





No comments:

Post a Comment