Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14, 2014


Gosh, what to address this week.  It's kind of been a busy week, so not much time to do any extra reading besides what has been required for class.  Our reading and assignments had to do with Threat Modeling and tools that can be used to perform threat modeling.  It was very interesting to read about the different tools available.  It seems like they all have some step that incorporate STRIDE.  To me, that shows how beneficial STRIDE is to the security community.

This week I did hear that the Home Depot breach may be even bigger than the Target breach last winter.  I have not had time to dig into this incident very much, but found it entertaining when I heard on my local news the other night that Home Depot will not force it's customers to pay for any unauthorized charges to their account.  I found that laughable as I thought that was the standard with credit cards.  Plus, when the organization itself is the one that has the breech, that seems like a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment